FREE SEO AUDIT, COMPETITOR
ANALYSIS & STRATEGY SESSION
15% Off First Two Months
Localized Map SEO
50% of All Search Queries are Local
As Seen In:
Results Generated Last Month
Google and Bing Local Search
Local Search refers to results that are returned from Google and Bing that contain geo-targeted keywords that search engines pick up as having local intent. Local SEO strategies are techniques designed to achieve increased visibility for businesses trying to rank for keywords in a specific region. Prospective customers are looking for your business online, and by optimizing your local search listings, you will increase your chances at bringing in new customers directly to your business.
To qualify for a local business listing, your business must meet all of the following criteria:
- Have a business name.
- Have a local phone number that matches your location (not a toll-free number, call tracking number, or shared phone number)
- Have a dedicated physical street address (not a shared address or virtual office)
Search engines like Google and Bing have revolutionized how businesses interact with local communities. Google handles more than 100 billion searches around the world every month. Of those searches:
- 4 billion desktop searches per month have local intent
- 20% of desktop searches are local in nature
- 50% of mobile searches have local intent
Since 2009, Google has shown local search results for generic searches, meaning that users no longer need to include a city or state in their search to be shown local results that are within their location. If you sell products or services that are geo-targeted, local search optimization is a MUST.
At Next Level Marketing, we will help you achieve the highest local search rankings by handling your reputation management. We will do this by efficiently managing the following areas:
- Name, Address and Phone Number (NAP): Arguably the most important factor in local SEO is accurately giving search engines and local listings your correct NAP. According to Moz, the number 1 negative local ranking factor is a listing with a false business location. The third biggest negative ranking factor is a mismatched NAP. Consistency is the biggest factor when it comes to NAP. At Next Level Marketing, we focus on ensuring your NAP is correct and consistent throughout your website and everywhere else your business appears (local listings, social media accounts, review websites). Google will not be able to properly index your website if your NAP is inconsistent across your businesses different listings.
- Local Business Listings: The creation of local business listings is of the upmost importance when it comes to local SEO. Local business listings are online profiles that contain your NAP and other details about your business. There are thousands of listings and directories that local businesses can create their own business profile on. The most popular ones are Google +, Yelp, Bing Places, Yellow pages, etc. Each local listing created increases the chances of your business being found by not only customers, but other search engines as well. The more listings and directories your business is in, the more visible you are to search engines, and the more search engines trust the accuracy of your business data.
- Local Reviews: The bottom line is local reviews, not just Google reviews, have a direct effect on your local search rankings. Reviews are for not only customers, but Google as well. Google consistently promotes local results that have higher reviews then its competitors. If Google sees you have phenomenal reviews they will promote your local search ranking even higher. If you have bad reviews, Google will demote your business. That is why at NLM, we focus on handling your reputation management and bringing in as many positive reviews from as many high authority sites as we can, while simultaneously weeding out the negative ones.
- Local Link Building & Citations: Link building is incredibly important and often overlooked. Local SEO relies heavily on links from other local websites that are relevant to your company. Which is why local directories and listings are extremely useful for link & citation building. The more links and citations you have, the higher your local rankings will be. At NLM we focus on bringing in a wide variety of links and citations by creating profiles on other directories. Creating 100% complete profiles on top directory websites is extremely tedious but also extremely important for your localized rankings.
Since Google is always changing its algorithms and ranking factors, your local SEO must be managed not only consistently, but most importantly accurately. Our local SEO services will ensure all company information is correct across directories, listings, and social media accounts. By doing so we will boost website visibility, domain authority, organic ranking, and earn higher local rankings than your competitors.
At Next Level Marketing, our goal is to get your business the most traffic, qualified leads, and exposure at an affordable cost. By utilizing our set of proven local SEO techniques, we will in turn get your company the local rankings you’re seeking. Contact a Google Certified Partner today to find out more information about our local SEO services.