Your online reputation plays a crucial role in determining the success of your business venture. Research shows that 58% of consumers tend to read online reviews at least once a week. A vast majority of consumers also say that they would consider engaging with a business only if it has a 3.3 star rating or higher.
This is why managing your online reputation is so important – whether you run a mom-and-pop store or a large business enterprise.
How Does Online Reputation Management Work?
When a potential client or customer researches you or your business online, one of two things can happen. They might come across positive reviews and comments from your clients, based on which they might decide to do business with you. Or, they might come across negative reviews and comments from disgruntled clients and trolls, based on which they might decide not to do business with you.
Online reputation management is all about making sure the latter scenario does not happen. In other words, by managing your online reputation, you can make sure that when a potential client or customer looks you up online, they only see what you want them to see.
Online Reputation Management – The Steps Involved
The key steps involved in reputation management include:
- Monitoring your website, blog, social media accounts, business review sites, online forums, and message boards for mentions of your name, your brand, your business, and the products and services you offer
- Encouraging your customers and clients to review your business and products and services
- Responding to remarks, comments, articles, or reviews written by your clients, customers or any other third party
- Amplifying the reach of positive reviews and comments made by your clients and pushing them up in search engine results pages
- Managing negative reviews and criticisms about your business and pushing them below the fold so that they do not harm your reputation
The Importance of Online Reputation Management
On the internet–as is the case in real life–people generally tend to trust each other. This is why nearly 9 out of 10 customers tend to read online reviews before buying a product or using a service.
When a potential customer reads positive reviews about your business, they are more likely to do business with you, since you are endorsed by people who have used your products and services. On the other hand, when they read something negative about you, they might be hesitant to do business with you for the same reason mentioned above.
While one or two negative remarks made by a customer might not have an impact on your reputation, it can quickly snowball into a cascade of negativity over a period of time, as a result of which your reputation might be ruined irreparably. This is why you should be proactive about monitoring and managing your online reputation.
Looking for a Trustworthy Online Reputation Management Firm? Your Search Ends Here!
At Next Level Marketing, we understand that your online reputation is one of your most prized assets. We can harness the power of social media to boost your reputation and generate goodwill among your customer base. To find out how we can enhance your online reputation, call us today at 1-844-736-6398 or write to us to schedule a call or a meeting.